For this recipe, I recommend you use 2 whole cups of our Spicy Red Napa Cabbage Kimchi. It’s even better with kimchi that has been kept for a month or two in your refrigerator, so that the flavors are extra ripe and pungent.
(For Pork Marinade)
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 ½ tbsp sugar
1 tbsp garlic minced
1 tsp ginger, minced
1/8 tsp black pepper powder
1/2 lbs Pork butt, sliced thin and 2 in long
2 cups, over-ripe Spicy Red Napa Cabbage Kimchi
1/2 cup yellow onion, sliced thin
1 block (14 oz) firm tofu, sliced about 2×2 in size and 1/4 in thickness
1 tsp sesame oil
1 green onion, sliced
1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
1. In a bowl, combine ingredients for pork marinade and mix well with pork. Set aside.
2. In a pan, heat about 1 tablespoon oil. Add onions and pork and stir fry until the pork is about 2/3 cooked for about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add kimchi and stir fry together until the liquid is almost gone.
4. Meanwhile, add tofu to simmering water and cook it just until the tofu gets medium hot. Drain and set aside.
5. Arrange tofu and stir fried kimchi and pork on a plate.
6. Garnish dish with sesame oil, green onion, and sesame seeds.